BLACK TOKYO INTERVIEWS AND MENTIONS
Black Tokyo Website
Black Tokyo (BT) was created in January 1999 as a resource for those of the African Diaspora and others with an interest in Japan.
- Eye-Ai（あいあい） 2016年9月号, Interview Eye
- Eye-Ai（あいあい） 2016年7月号, Interview Eye
- Eye-Ai（あいあい） 2016年5月号, Interview Eye
- Black Tokyo. Ricardo Bilton, Japan Times, March 25, 2009
- Eric Robinson – Japan & Black Tokyo. BlackExpat.com
- Eric Robinson – Afro Eric’s Funniest Fan Blog
Print and Television
- Filling the void: Disseminating ‘blackness’ in Japan, Japan TImes, 2017
- Lawmaker draws rebuke, silence after describing Obama as ‘slave descendant.’ Tomohiro Osaki, Japan Times, 2016.
- A Half-Black Japanese Beauty Queen Is Raising Eyebrows-But Will She Change Minds? Taylor Wofford, Newsweek, 2015.
- Let the SDF Deploy Overseas, Eric L. Robinson, Japan Times
- Monkey advert ‘resembling’ Obama is pulled in Japan, The Guardian (United Kingdom)
- Mobile Phone Monkey Business: A Japanese Primate Plays Obama. Earnest Harris, The Huffington Post, 2008
- Is it racist? France 24 News
- Clam Magazine
- IMBd – Afro Eric
- Lost in Translation: U.S. Forces and Crime in Japan. Naval Postgraduate School, Eric L. Robinson, 2015.
- Deployment, Bases, and the US Military in Movement: Imagining Japan and the Self Through Race & Sex. University of California, Berkeley; Center for Race and Gender
- The Marginalization of Afro-Asians in East Asia: Globalization and the Creation of Subculture and Hybrid Identity, ”Sierra Reicheneker, Pepperdine University, 2011.
Miscellaneous Online Resources
- BBC 1xtra in Japan
- Shinpai Deshou! Resource: Black Tokyo
- Washington Post
- CNN Political Blog
- CNN News
- ABC News
- The Daily Kos
- Boing Boing
- Yahoo! News
- Sankei Shimbun
- Nippon Press Network
- 2 Channel
Black Tokyo Kiva Team
As part of the Black Tokyo Kiva Lending Team, you choose to have your future loan on Kiva “count” towards our team’s impact. The loan is still yours, and repayments of your loan will be made to you. Please help others in need by joining the Black Tokyo Kiva Lending Team project. Click here for more information.
Black Tokyo Disclaimer
Black Tokyo is the registered trademark properties of the site owner. Contributor posts are the opinion of independent Black Tokyo writers and do not necessarily represent the views of Black Tokyo.
Black Tokyo receives no public funding. Black Tokyo may periodically sell merchandise purchased to fund Black Tokyo-related events or to manufacture Black Tokyo-themed items. Black Tokyo is not associated with any branch of the U.S. Government, the Government of Japan, or any public or private entity.