Last updated on July 6, 2016
It has been reported that the family of Nicola Furlong has flown to Tokyo to attend the hearing of the 19-year-old American being held during the investigation into the her death. The family will face the American in court for the first time since the investigation started. The Japanese court will hear arguments on Thursday as to whether he should be tried as an adult if the case goes to trial which would occur approximately six-months later.
Video reports are found via these links:
As mentioned in previous reports, the Japanese police have yet to release the toxicology report on Ms. Furlong and her friend that accompanied her to the concert. The friend was found with a second American, Mr. Blackston, a professional dancer that toured with the 19-year-old musician currently under arrest, in his hotel room. The friend claims she has no memory of the events that transpired the evening of Ms. Furlong’s death. Police suspect both women were drugged. You can read about more of the investigation via the links below.
Please feel free to leave your comments below. If you reference any material. please give attribution. If you have any corrections or additions, please feel free to share.
The following BT’ers contributed to this post: Brad Bell and Zurui. Follow the Nicola Furlong investigation via: @blacktokyo, @onmugen @starrwulfe @ogPegasus303
Have inquiries? Feel free to contact “email@example.com” regarding the Nicola Furlong case. Follow Black Tokyo on Twitter: @blacktokyo
- What a difference in reporting: Woman strangled to death, boyfriend commits suicide
- Suspect in Nicola Furlong Death Headed to Court
- Nicola Furlong Update: James Blackston Rearrested
- 19-year-old American to be Rearrested in Nicola Furlong Death Investigation
- Trying to Uunderstand the Furlong investigation King Tight’s Family Speaks
- Trying to understand the timeline in the Nicola Furlong case
- Understanding the Charges in the Nicola Furlong Case
- New Details in the Nicola Furlong Death in Tokyo
- Two Americans Held in Death of Irish Woman in Japan